December 11, 2011

Early NY Resolutions?

In looking forward to our trip {should I call it a trip? A move? not sure} there are a few things that I want to do, personally... In addition to leaving our lives behind, I want to be as prepared as possible so we can 'hit the ground running' in our new life. This might be a bullshit waste of time. Maybe not. I guess we'll see.

Here are some goals that I want to do/see/learn before I leave:


  • Swim Like the Sharks! aka. Learn to Scuba dive ~ at least the classroom/pool portion, not the open water. Kudos to people who've done their open-water here. Sounds like the worst idea ever, sorry Jon.
  • See Like an Owl! aka. Get my vision corrected ~ contacts are such-a-pain-in-the-ass. I have a consult at Gimble booked... Hopefully it will cost less than a million dollars.
  • Remember like and Elephant? Bad analogy. Learn some shit about taking pictures. I am admittedly an awful photographer. I would like to take a mini-class to learn what an Fstop is. Or how to zoom. You know, the basics.

I don't have an ongoing list of goals for after the Great Dana Shift (ha ha.. Linguistics nerd joke) because the horizon is pretty grey now, and populated by the general consensus of... don't screw it all up. Here's one thing that's always been on my bucket list:
  • Surf like Slater. Well.. I probably won't be giving Kelly a run for his $$, but standing up would be a good start.

I don't have any pictures for this post. So here's a picture of when I got attacked - and BIT - by a fish. I was snorkeling in Cuba.... It was actually a really great day. Minus the fish bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...